Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 4 pounds red-skinned potatoes unpeeled, quartered
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter - (1 stick) cut into pieces
- 1 cup finely-chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons finely-chopped garlic
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain. Return to pot.
Meanwhile, melt 1/4 cup butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes.
Add onion-garlic mixture to potatoes. Add cream and remaining 1/4 cup butter; mash coarsely. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.