Fluffy Snow Cloud In Lime Syrup
- 2 pieces dried white fungus - (abt 2 oz)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup rock sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped crystallized ginger
- Grated zest of one lime
- Juice of one lime
- 1 kaffir lime leaf cut thin strips
- 1/3 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Lime slices
Pour enough warm water over the fungus in a medium bowl to cover them completely. Soak until softened, about 20 minutes. Using scissors, remove the hard core from each piece, then cut into bite-size pieces.
Combine the water, granulated sugar, rock sugar and ginger in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in the lime zest, lime juice, and lime leaf. Stir in the snow cloud and mix well. Cool the mixture to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
To serve, spoon the white fungus and syrup into dessert bowls, sprinkle with the almond slices, and garnish with lime slices.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Flower Drum Crab Baked In The Shell 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fish Fillet In Ginger Wine Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fermented Chinese Olives Fried Rice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Emerald Chicken With Grapes And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Eight Treasures Honeydew Melon... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Egg-Flower Soup With Lemongrass... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Drunken Lemongrass Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Barbecued Shrimp With Ginger And... 0/5 (0 Votes)