Fish Fillet In Ginger Wine Sauce
- FOR THE DISH:
- 1/3 cup Chinese rice wine (or cup dry sherry)
- 1/4 cup chicken stock (or canned chicken broth)
- 3 tablespoons fermented sweet rice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 dried cloud-ear mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds firm white fish fillets cut 2" by 4" pieces
- 2 green onions cut 2" lengths
- 2 teaspoons finely-shredded ginger
- 1/2 cup sliced bamboo shoots
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons thinly-sliced green onions
In small bowl, combine wine, stock, fermented sweet rice, soy sauce and sugar; stir until sugar is dissolved.
For the Dish: Soak cloud ears in warm water to cover until softened, about 20 minutes. Drain and squeeze out excess water.
Place a wok over high heat until hot. Add oil, swirling to coat sides. Add fish fillets and sear them for 30 seconds per side. Remove fish and place on a plate.
To wok, add green onions and ginger; cook, stirring until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add cloud ears and bamboo shoots and stir-fry for 1 minute. Return fish to wok, pour in sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, until fish begins to flake and the center is opaque about 5 minutes. Add cornstarch solution; cook, stirring lightly, until sauce boils and thickens. Spoon fish and sauce onto a serving plate and garnish with the sliced green onions.
This recipe yields 4 servings.