Simple Sweet Potato Casserole
Starting with a large can of yams, this sweet potato casserole comes together quickly! The added coconut in the topping adds extra flavors that makes this recipe special.
- 1(40-ounce) can1 (40-ounce) can yams, drained
- 1cup1 cup sugar
- 1/2cup1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3cup1/3 cup butter, melted
- 22 eggs, beaten
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2cup1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2cup1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/3cup1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3tablespoons3 tablespoons flour
- 3tablespoons3 tablespoons butter, melted
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
In a large bowl, combine the yams, sugar, sweetened condensed milk, butter, eggs and vanilla. Mix until smooth and creamy. Place into a buttered 8x8 dish.
For topping, combine the coconut, pecans, brown sugar and flour.
Mix well, and stir in melted butter.
Sprinkle topping evenly over sweet potato mixture.
Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
**You may assemble the sweet potato mixture the night before and refrigerate until ready to bake. You may also assemble the dry ingredients of the topping, and store in a Ziplock container in refrigerator over night.
You'll also love
- Roasted Mushrooms in a Browned... 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- OLD EL PASO MEXICAN BEEF AND... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- BANANA UPSIDE DOWN CAKE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crunchy Chicken Breast Milanese... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach Lasagna 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Potato Cakes with Garlic and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Parmesan Baked Potato Halves 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Pumpkin Pie Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)