Fettucine With Chicken And Bell Pepper Cream Sauce
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup chicken stock (or canned low-salt chicken broth)
- 3 tablespoons thinly-sliced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup finely-grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese
Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until brown on both sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate.
Add green and red bell peppers and onion to same skillet and sauté until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and crushed red pepper to skillet and sauté 4 minutes. Add whipping cream and chicken stock. Simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 8 minutes.
Cut chicken into strips and add to sauce. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes. Add basil and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese to sauce, stirring to incorporate. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain and return to pot. Add sauce and toss to coat. Serve, passing additional Parmesan separately.
This recipe yields 4 first-course servings.
You'll also love
- Escarole With Italian Sausage And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Endive Salad, Cranberry-Bacon... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken-Pasta Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Angel Hair Pasta With Tuna And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Phyllo-Wrapped Salmon With Leeks... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orzo Salad With Feta, Olives And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fettucine With Pesto, Green Beans... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fettuccine Carbonara With... 0/5 (0 Votes)