Escarole With Italian Sausage And White Beans
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 Italian sausages - (abt 3 lbs) casings removed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped prosciutto - (abt 2 oz)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 large head escarole chopped (10 cups)
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 cans Great Northern beans - (15 oz ea) rinsed, drained
- 1 cup chicken stock (or canned low-salt chicken broth)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Freshly-grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Working in batches, sauté sausage until cooked through, breaking up with back of spoon, about 6 minutes per batch. Using slotted spoon, transfer sausage to bowl, leaving drippings in pot.
Reduce heat to medium; add onion to pot and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add prosciutto and sauté 1 minute. Mix in garlic and crushed red pepper. Add escarole and sauté until wilted, about 2 minutes. Add wine and cook 2 minutes. Add beans, stock and sausage and simmer 10 minutes to blend flavors.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to large bowl. Top with grated Parmesan, if desired.
This recipe yields 12 side-dish or 6 main-course servings.
You'll also love
- Endive Salad, Cranberry-Bacon... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Duck With Port-Cherry Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cucumber Salad With Pineapple And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crab Cakes With Chardonnay Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp And Lentil Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Shrimp Wrapped In Snow Peas 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sausage Patties With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Queso Fundido With Sausage And... 0/5 (0 Votes)