Pina Colada Icebox Pie
- 2 cups shortbread cookie crumbs (about 16 cookies)
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 TBSP cornstarch
- 1- 8 ox can crushed pineapple in the juice
- 1 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cream of coconut, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 350. Stir together first 3 ingredients: firmly press on bottom and up sides of a lightly greased 9 inch pie pan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack. cool completely (about 30 minutes)
2. Stir together sugar and cornstarch in a small heavy saucepan. Stir in pineapple. While stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium high heat. cook (keep stirring) 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from heat and cool completely (about 20 minutes)
3. Beat cream cheese at medium speed with a heavy duty electric stand mixer. Gradually add 1 cup of cream of coconut, beating at low speed just until blended. Chill remaining 1/2 cup cream of coconut until ready to use. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
4. Spread cooled pineapple mixture over bottom of piecrust- spoon cream cheese mixture over pineapple mixture.
5. Bake at 350 for 38 to 42 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 1 hour). Cover and chill 4 hours.
6. Beat whipping cream at high speed until foamy. Gradually add remaining 1/2 cup cream of coconut, beating until soft peaks form- spread over pie.