- 6 cups chopped, fresh broccoli florets
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 full sleeve Ritz crackers, finely crushed
Adapted from spicysouthernkitchen.com
Place broccoli in a steamer basket over simmering water. Cover and steam for approximately 5 minutes. Chop into bite-sized pieces.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine broccoli, soup, mayonnaise, butter, eggs, onion, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
Add 1 cup of cheese and mix again.
Place mixture in a medium buttered casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese and crackers on top.
Bake for 30 to 40 minutes and let stand for 15 minutes before serving.