Orange Ground Chicken Rice Bowls
ORANGE GROUND CHICKEN RICE BOWLS
December 17, 2015 by Caitlin 2 Comments
RECIPE: $5.56 | PER SERVING: $1.39 | YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
This is not your average take-out Chinese Orange Chicken. This is very different.
Ground Orange Chicken Brown Rice Bowls with Broccoli | Frugal Nutrition #easydinner #orangechicken #groundchicken #ground turkey
This is a super easy 30-minutes-or-less type of thing. With no cornstarch and no frying, but lots of delicious orange flavor. You basically brown ground chicken (or turkey…or even pork!), add some garlic, ginger, spicy flavor, orange juice, and soy sauce. Simmer. The end! It’s really unbelievably delicious. Pile it all on brown rice and add some steamed broccoli and it’s a very happy meal. Or mix the rice and broccoli together in the pan for easy serving.
- 1 cup brown rice + 2 cups water (cook according to your preference)
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey
- 2 Tablespoons freshly grated or minced ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon asian spice sauce or red pepper flakes (try chili-garlic sauce, sriracha, or just red pepper flakes!)
- 1/2 cup orange juice (I juiced 8 clementines/mikans/tangerines)
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 small heads fresh broccoli - about 6-7 cups florets & some stems
- sesame seeds for garnish
Adapted from frugalnutrition.com
Cook brown rice according to your preference, I use a Japanese rice cooker.
In a large nonstick pan, warm sesame oil over low-medium heat. Add chicken and brown on all sides. (Doesn't have to be fully cooked yet.)
Add the ginger, garlic, spice sauce, orange juice, and soy sauce. Stir well and bring to a simmer. Simmer on low heat for 3-5 minutes, or until sauce has reduced and thickened. Stir well and remove from heat.
Meanwhile, fill a pot with 1 inch of water. Add steamer basket and add chopped broccoli florets & stems. Cover and steam for 4 minutes.
Make the bowls by either dividing the brown rice among four bowls and topping with chicken and broccoli, or by mixing it all together in the nonstick pan. Top with sesame seeds and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Chicken In Mustard Sauce (Jacques... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Crispy Coconut Chicken with Spicy... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 20-Minute Tuscan Chicken with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Air Fried Chicken Drumsticks 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zesty Chicken Tortilla Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Asian Sticky BBQ Chicken Wings and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mom's Orange Slice Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Easy Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken... 0/5 (0 Votes)