Parmesan Chicken & Rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion (1 large)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 2 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (18 oz.) Progresso Recipe Starters creamy Parmesan basil cooking sauce
- 2 cups frozen peas & carrots
- 2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
In a 10" skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat until melted. Add onion & garlic. Cook 3 - 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly browned.
Stir in rice until evenly coated. Stir in chicken broth, cooking sauce & 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Heat to simmering. Reduce heat to low; covre & cook 20 - 25 minutes, stirring frequently, until rice has absorbed most of the liquid & rice is tender.
Meanwhile, cook & drain peas & carrots as directed on package. Stir in chicken, peas, & carrots; heat until hot. Sprinkle with Parmesan & lemon zest.