- 1 bag (32 oz) frozen southern-style diced hash-brown potatoes
- 2 cups shredded Colby, Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (8 oz)
- 1 container (16 oz) sour cream
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup chopped onion (1/2 medium)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
2 In large microwavable bowl, microwave potatoes on Defrost 12 to 15 minutes or until thawed, stirring once or twice. Stir in remaining ingredients except parsley; spread in baking dish.
3 Bake 30 to 45 minutes or until browned and bubbly around edges. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Expert Tips•Serve this creamy dish with ham and a tossed salad for a Sunday afternoon dinner.
•For an even creamier texture, substitute cheese product, cubed, (the foil-wrapped cheese in a box), for some of the shredded cheese in this recipe.