Stuffed Green Peppers in an Instant Pot
Quick and easy stuffed peppers when you make them in your Instant Pot. Switch up the seasoning, if you'd like--maybe add a little chili powder. Serve with some shredded cheese on top.
- 6 green peppers
- 1.5 pounds ground beef, cooked
- 3/4 cup uncooked rice
- 1 egg
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dried onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup water
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cut the tops off the green peppers, core, and remove seeds, rinse out. Combine ground beef, rice, egg, 1/2 cup of the crushed tomatoes, onion, and seasonings. Fill the peppers with the meat mixture.
To the pressure cooker, add 1/2 cup water and remaining crushed tomatoes.
Place stuffed peppers in the pressure cooker. Place lid on Pressure Cooker (make sure it is set on seal, not vent). Set pressure on 12 minutes high. (Follow your pressure cookers directions.)
Let pressure down for for five minutes before venting. (Be careful when venting.)
It was recommended to use the rack for stuffed peppers, but my peppers were too big to use with the rack, so I just placed them on bottom of the cooker and they turned out fine.
You'll also love
- Poblanos Stuffed with Cheddar and... 4.5/5 (41 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Coca-Cola Chicken... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Chocolate Cherry Cordial Cookies 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Baked Chicken Breasts with... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Pumpkin & White Chocolate Mousse... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Creamy Cheesy Corn Casserole 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Young Chow Fried Rice 4.3/5 (8 Votes)