Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 packages cream cheese - (8 oz ea) room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter - (1 stick) room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup canned sweetened cream of coconut see * Note
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* Note: Canned sweetened cream of coconut, such as Coco Lépe, is available in the liquor section of most supermarkets nationwide.
Beat cream cheese in medium bowl until fluffy. Add butter and beat to blend. Add sugar, sweetened cream of coconut and vanilla extract and beat until well blended.
This recipe yields 3 1/2 cups.