Country-Style Sausage Patties
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 2 green onions, including tops thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (Chinese parsley)
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry or Chinese rice wine
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
Combine all ingredients except the oil in a large bowl. Mix well and shape into eight patties, each about 2 1/2 inches in diameter.
Place a wide frying pan over medium heat until hot. Add the oil, swirling to coat the surface. Add the sausage patties; cook for 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Cover and cook for 2 more minutes, then uncover. Cook until the patties are no longer pink in the center, about 2 more minutes on each side.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Variation: For a reduced-calorie version, use ground turkey in place of the pork.