Corn And Shellfish Soup
- 4 dried black mushrooms
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon slivered ginger
- 1 can cream-style corn - (16 oz)
- 1/4 pound bay scallops
- 1/4 pound cooked crabmeat flaked
- 1/2 cup frozen peas thawed
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg white
Soak the mushrooms in warm water to cover for 30 minutes; drain. Cut off and discard the stems and thinly slice the caps. Set aside.
In a large pot, bring the broth, ginger, and mushrooms to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium, add the corn, scallops, crabmeat, and peas, and cook until the scallops turn opaque, about 1 minute. Stir in the sesame oil and pepper. Add the cornstarch solution and cook, stirring, until the soup boils and thickens. Lightly beat the egg white in a bowl. Remove the pot from the heat; slowly drizzle in the egg white, stirring constantly, to form "egg flowers."
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
Variation: If bay scallops are not available, sea scallops may be substituted; cut the sea scallops into smaller slices.
You'll also love
- Sauerkraut, Mushroom, And Barley... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coconut-Crusted Tempeh 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tomato-Mushroom Galette 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Tuna Roll 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stefado - (Beef And Onion Stew) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Gorton's New England Clam Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Oysters With Pink Peppercorn... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Weakfish Roasted With Tomato And... 0/5 (0 Votes)