Oatmeal and Banana Pancakes
- 2 cups rice, almond, or oat milk
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs — beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil [use canola, extra-ligh olive, coconut, or grapeseed oil for soy-free]
- 1 ripe banana — mashed with a fork
In bowl, pour milk over rolled oats; let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
In another bowl, stir together flours, wheat germ, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
Beat eggs, oil, and banana together; add to dry ingredients along with milk/oats mixture, stirring just until mixed (if batter is too thick, add a little more milk).
Heat a large greased skillet over medium to medium-high heat or a griddle to 350ºF.
Pour in about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake and cook for about 3 minutes or until bubbles on top break but do not fill in, and bottoms are golden and set.
Turn over and cook for about 30-60 seconds longer, or until nicely set and golden brown.
Hold pancakes in a 200ºF oven until ready to serve.