Asparagus Bow-Tie Pasta
Kraft recipe. I added BBQ chicken and it was a welcomed addition.
- What You Need
- 2 cups farfalle (bow-tie pasta), uncooked
- 1 lb. (450 g) fresh asparagus spears, trimmed, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1/2 cup halved orange pepper strips
- 1/4 cup julienne-cut oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup 25%-less-sodium chicken broth (I added a full cup)
- 50 g (1/5 of 250-g pkg.) Philadelphia Brick Cream Cheese, cubed 1 Tbsp.
- chopped fresh oregano
- 1 cup Kraft 4 Cheese Italiano Shredded Cheese (I used 1/2 c)
Preparation time 35mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
COOK pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt and adding asparagus to boiling water for the last 2 min. Drain.
MEANWHILE, cook peppers and tomatoes in large skillet on medium-high heat 2 to 3 min. or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
ADD pasta mixture, broth, cream cheese and oregano to skillet; mix well. Cook and stir 5 min. or until sauce is slightly thickened. Top with shredded cheese; cook 2 to 3 min. or until cheese begins to melt.
kraft kitchens tips
Add 1-1/2 cups cooked cleaned shrimp or chopped cooked chicken to skillet with the cooked pasta.
Variation Substitute 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves for the fresh oregano.