Mushroom Potato Pork Chop Casserole
- 6 boneless center-cut pork chops about 1/2 inch thick.
Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 9 X 13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle iwth salt and pepper.
In large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter with 1 tblsp. of olive oil. Cook mushrooms until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with 3 tblsp flour and cook, stirring to make a golden-brown roux, about 5 minutes. Stir in heavy cream and simmer about 5 minutes, until thickened.
In another large skillet over medium-high heat, heat remaining 1 cup oil. Season chops with salt and pepper and coat on both sides with flour, shaking off excess.
Fry pork chips in batches, if necessary, until golden brown on each side. Layer potatoes in baking pan, top with pork chips, then spoon mushroom sauce over pork chops. Cover dish with foil and bake 1 hour or until potatoes are fork tender.
You'll also love
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Layered Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crisp with Chili-Lime Butter 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Chops and Stuffing 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Nacho Kale Chips 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fennel Salad with Bread Crumbs,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fried Morel Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)
- White Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Country-Fried Steak with Mushroom... 0/5 (0 Votes)