Side Dish: Roasted Onions & Buttered Beets w/Blue Cheese
- 1 large yellow onion, unpeeled with root and top trim unpeeled
- 1 T EVOO
- salt and pepper
- 1 small beet
- 2 oz blue cheese
- 2 T butter
- 1/4 c walnut havles
- 2 T minced fresh chives
- balsamic glaze
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Preheat 400. Coat onion w/ 1 t EVOO season and place on baking sheet.
Wrap beet in foil. Place on sheet with onion and roast for about 45 mins. Let beet cool in foil. Let onion cool slightly, half lenghtwise and discard outer layers. Peel beet and chop into 1/4 in pieces.
Preheat broiler. Spread open onion slightly and drizzle w/1 t EVOO and broil for about 3 minutes. Divide beteen 2 plates sprinkle with cheese and tent
In a saucepan, bring the beet, 1/4 c water, to a simmer; season with salt and pepper. Add butter and cook to thicken about 4 mins.
Spoon mixture over onion, add walnuts and chives and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
You'll also love
- Teriyaki Salmon Stir-Fry 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Tuna and Fresh Mozzarella pizza 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Spinach, ham, rice casserole 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Oysters on the half shell with... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Wheat Berry Salad with Blood... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Cucumber, Tomato and Red Onion... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Pickled Beets - Canned 4.3/5 (32 Votes)