Sweet and Sour Broccoli Pasta
If you have shied away from sweet and sour dishes because of the high fat content, then this dish is for you! Apple juice, cider vinegar, mustard, honey and nonfat yogurt provide the taste sensations in this nutritious salad.
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta twists
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2/3 cups shredded carrots
- 1 medium Red or Golden Delicious apple, cored and chopped
- 1/3 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 3 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon light olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Lettuce leaves
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and adding broccoli during the last 2 minutes. Drain and rinse well under cold water until pasta and broccoli are cool; drain well.
2. Place pasta, broccoli, carrots and apple in medium bowl.
3. Combine yogurt, apple juice, cider vinegar, oil, mustard, honey and thyme in small bowl. Pour over pasta mixture; toss evenly to coat.
4. Serve on individual dishes lined with lettuce. Garnish with apple slices, if desired.