Lookie here, folks. Who said that sweets have no place in a raw, clean eating environment? And if somebody said that, that person can shove a few of these amazing truffles where the sun don't shine. Real ingredients that are REALLY delicious.
- Flavor Profile Options Include:
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 1/2 cups Medjool dates, pitted
- 3 tablespoons (or more) unsweetened shredded coconut or quick-cooking oats
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut OR
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest OR
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- Coating Options Include:
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut OR
- 1/4 cup lightly toasted sesame seeds OR
- 1/2 cup crushed lightly toasted pistachios OR
- 1/2 cup crushed lightly toasted hazelnuts
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from epicurious.com
Purée cacao powder, dates, 3 tablespoons coconut, and salt in a food processor until almost smooth, adding water by teaspoonfuls if too dry and crumbly and coconut by teaspoonfuls if too wet and sticky. Add desired flavoring and pulse to combine.
Scoop date purée by the tablespoonful and roll into 1" balls.
DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 week ahead. Cover and chill.
Roll truffles in desired coatings to cover.