Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake 5pts
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/3 cup lowfat buttermilk
- 2 1/3 cups all purpose flour, divided
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder, or cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest, or lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons butter
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a 7" X 11" baking dish with non stick spray.
2. Combine the egg, oil, and granulated sugar in a bowl. Whisk until pale yellow, then whisk in the sour cream and buttermilk. In a large bowl, mix together 2 cups of the flour, baking powder, and 5-spice powder. Mix in the egg mixture. Pour the batter into the baking dish, then scatter blueberries on top.
3. Combine the brown sugar, orange zest, butter, and the remaining 1/3 cup flour. Mix with the back of a fork, pastry blender or just your fingers until crumbly, then sprinkle over the batter and blueberries. Bake until a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean about 445 minutes. Cool slightly, then cut into 12 pieces.
I would have given this a higher rating but I think it is a small portion size for the amount of points but still very good.
Nutritional information per serving
Points value 5
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 5.66g
Total Carbs: 39.71g
Dietary Fiber: 1.18g