Spicy Pork and Mustard Greens Soup
- 1 pound ground pork tenderloin
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 T finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 t Sichuan peppercorns, crushed
- 1 t crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 t crushed cumin seeds
- 1 T canola oil
- s & p
- 4 C chicken broth
- 4 C packed torn mustard greens
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1 t fish sauce
- 8 oz. wide rice noodles
Mix pork, garlic, ginger, peppercorns, red pepper flakes and cumin in a medium bowl.
Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add pork mixture. Season with
s & p. Cook, breaking up, until browned and cooked through, 8 - 10 minutes.
Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until flavors meld, 8 to 10 minutes. Add all but noodles until greens are tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Season with s & p.
Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
Divide noodles among bowls and ladle soup over.