Bow Ties With Spring Vegetables, Roasted Garlic, Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons flavored oil from Oven-Dried Tomatoes (see recipe)
- 1 tablespoon Roasted Whole Garlic (see recipe)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter - (1/2 stick) cut small pieces
- 2 tablespoons Oven-Dried Tomatoes (see recipe)
- 2 cups Chicken Stock (see recipe)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly-ground white pepper to taste
- 2 ounces haricots verts or green beans trimmed
- 1 carrot trimmed, and cut into thin slices
- 12 pencil asparagus cut 2" slices
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup fresh peas
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta
- 1/2 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
Bring a large stockpot of water to a boil.
In a large skillet or sauté pan, heat the flavored oil. Add the roasted garlic, butter, tomatoes, and stock. Season with the oregano, thyme, 2 tablespoons of the parsley, salt, and pepper, and reduce until slightly thickened.
Meanwhile, blanch all the vegetables, each type individually, in simmering salted water, about 1 minute. Refresh in cold water, drain well, and set aside.
When the sauce has been reduced, add the vegetables and stir to heat through.
Add salt to the pot of boiling water and cook the bow ties until they are al dente, following the directions on the package. Drain the pasta and stir it into the sauce, coating well. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the grated cheese.
To serve, divide the pasta and vegetables among 4 large warm plates or bowls. Sprinkle each serving with some of the remaining chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Additional Parmesan cheese can be grated onto the dish after serving.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Wine Recommendation: Look for the freshness of a Sauvignon Blanc from Sancere or New Zealand to accompany this pasta. Goldwater's Dog Point or Villa Maria are both excellent and affordable wines that are perfect accompaniments.
You'll also love
- Blood Orange Granita 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Sate With Spicy Szechwan Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Basic Pasta Dough 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Asparagus With Mustard Vinaigrette 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Angel Hair With Goat Cheese,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Angel Hair Pasta With Tomato Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Whole Garlic 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Italian Bow Tie Pasta Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)