Grilled Balsamic Chicken Cutlets over Spinach Salad
- Spinach Salad:
- 1 1/2 lbs (8 pieces)chicken breast cutlets
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- 3 T extra-virgin olive oil
- Steak seasoning blend (or salt and pepper to taste)
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves stripped and finely chopped
- 1 lb bacon, chopped into 1" pieces
- 1 lb spinach leaves
- 3 gourmet white stuffing mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 3 rounded tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 T balsamic vinegar
Coat chicken with vinegar, oil, seasonings, and rosemary and set aside.
Brown half the chopped bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat. Transfer the bits to a paper towel lined plate to drain and repeat with remaining.
Coarsely chop spinach leaves and place in bowl. Top with mushrooms, radishes, and scallions. Season with salt and pepper. Preheat another large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for the chicken. For the dressing; wipe out the bacon pand and return to stove over medium-low heat. Add oil and shallots and saute 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
In a bowl, conbine mustard and balsamic vinegar. Stream in shallot oil slowly while whisking the dressing to emulsify it. Pour warm dressing over spinach salad and toss to coat. Add cooked bacon and toss again.
Brown chicken cutlets, 4 minutes on each side, in a single layer in the preheated skillet. Before serving. slice breasts on an angel. Pile spinach salad onto dinner plates and top with 2 slice cutlets.