Orecchiette with Swiss Chard and Fontina
Heaps of Swiss chard create a satisfying pasta dish without the guilt.
- kosher salt
- 1 lb orecchiette pasta
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb Swiss chard, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 Tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups grated Fontina, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from delish.com
1. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add Swiss chard, garlic, and red pepper flakes and season with salt. Cook, stirring, until greens are just wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Add cooked pasta and 1/4 cup reserved pasta water and stir to create a sauce. Add Fontina and stir until melted.
3. Garnish with parsley and serve with Fontina.