Brussel Sprouts with Mustard Bacon Vinaigrette
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup(s) minced onion
- 2 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. white wine or sherry vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 strips bacon or turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add the onion and sauté for 4 minutes until the onion is tender and turning golden.
Add the Brussels sprouts to the pan and turn the heat up to medium high. Cook, stirring only occasionally until the Brussels sprouts to begin to brown in spots, about 8 minutes. Add the chicken broth and cover the pan. Let the liquid come to a simmer, then reduce the heat to medium, and steam the Brussels sprouts for another 7 to 10 minutes, until you can easily slide a sharp knife into them, and the broth is almost evaporated.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, mustard, and remaining three tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over the cooked Brussels sprouts in the pan and toss them to coat with the vinaigrette. Add the crumbled bacon and toss one more time before transferring to a serving dish. Serve hot or warm.
You'll also love
- Prosecco Poached Pears 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Balsamic Glazed Salmon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shellfish-Tomato Stew on... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- linguine with asparagus and pine... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet and sour pork 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Easy turkey pot pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Nutty Brown Sugar Bacon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Brussel Sprouts with Bacon 0/5 (0 Votes)