Glaze of Glory Candied Carrots
This slow-cooker veggie side dish will have the whole family begging for more. And with stats so good, you'll have no problem dishing it out!
- 1/4 cup low-sugar apricot preserves
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar (not packed)
- 1 1/2 tbsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- One 32-oz. bag (about 6 cups) baby carrots
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, stem removed, seeded, and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, stem removed, seeded, and sliced
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- Optional seasonings: black pepper, cayenne pepper, ground ginger
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
* To make the glaze, in a small bowl, combine preserves, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Stir well.
* Put all of the veggies in a crock pot and top with the glaze.
* Use a large spoon to stir the contents of the crock pot up a bit. (Don’t worry if the preserves mixture isn’t evenly distributed.)
* Cover and cook on high for 3 - 4 hours or on low for 7 - 8 hours.
* Once the veggies are cooked, in another small bowl, combine cornstarch with 2 tbsp. cold water, and stir until the cornstarch has dissolved. Add to the crock pot and mix well.
* Turn off the pot and leave uncovered until sauce has thickened, about 15 minutes. Stir and enjoy!