Apricot-Walnut-Date Power Bars
There is no added sugar in these crunchy, chewy bars from F&W's Kay Chun. For best flavor, be sure to use the California Blenheim apricots called for rather than other imported varieties.
- 1 1/2 cups extra-thick rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 1 cup dried California Blenheim apricots, coarsely chopped (5-ounces)
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates (8-ounces)
- 1 cup toasted unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from foodandwine.com
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Line a 9 X 9-inch metal pan with plastic wrap. Spread the oats and walnuts on 2 separate baking sheets; toast until golden, about 8 minutes for the walnuts and 15 minutes for the oats. Let cool, then finely chop the nuts.
In a food processor, puree the apricots and dates to a paste. Scrape into a medium bowl and stir in the oats, walnuts, coconut, flax seeds and salt. Press the mixture into the prepared pan and chill until firm, about 1 hour. Cut into 12 bars and serve.
The bars can be refrigerated for 1 week or frozen for 1 month.
You'll also love
- Salmon, Zucchini and Tomatoes 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Barbecue Chicken, Brussels Sprouts... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Chicken 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Spicy Chinese Shrimp and Sweet... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- One-Pot Pork with Apple Cider &... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Takeout Fried Chicken Wings 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Chocolate Avocado Mousse 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Paleo Apple Pie 4.3/5 (6 Votes)