whole-grain blueberry muffins
From Real Simple, Sept 2011
- 1 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, plus 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries or one 8-ounce bag frozen blueberries
->Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. In a food processor, process the flour, oats, flaxseeed meal, pecans, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until finely ground.
->In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sugar, butter, orange zest and juice, egg and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and mix just until incorporated (do not overmix). Fold in the blueberries.
->Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Bake until a tooth-pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 22 to 25 minutes.