Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Quinoa
This healthy quinoa breakfast comes together in just a few minutes and has pumpkin spice and pecans for a delicious autumnal flavor. Perfect for the holiday season.
- 1/2 cup milk – I used almond milk but any milk will work
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of salt
- 2-4 tablespoons chopped pecans
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from onceuponacuttingboard.com
Bring milk and water to a boil in a small to medium sized saucepan. Add quinoa, cover, reduce heat to simmer, and let cook 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
Uncover and fluff with a fork, then stir in the pumpkin, maple syrup, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Taste and adjust any amounts to your liking (i.e. add more sweetness or spices).
Divide into two bowls (add milk if desired) and top with desired amount of pecans.
You'll also love
- Oven-Roasted Sea Bass With Fennel... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Apple Cobbler Steel Cut Oats 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Kawasaki Chicken Lettuce Wrap 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Asparagus and Tomato Salad with... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Mexican Quinoa Chicken Fajita... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Cauliflower Feta Meatballs and... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Chia-Crusted Oven-Roasted Tuna... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Zucchini... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)