- 1/4 c sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp peanut or vegetable oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 c chopped shallots
- 3 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 c orange marmalade
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Orange slices (optional)
1. Place almonds in a large nonstick skillet. Toast over meddium heat, shaking the pan often, 5 minutes, or until fragrent. Remove to a plate and set aside.
2. Heat oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 5 minutes, or until no longer pink, turning occasionally. Remove to a plate.
3. Add shallots to the pan and cook 5 minutes, or until soft. Add mushrooms and cook 5 minutes, or until mushrooms render their juices. Stir in marmalade, soy sauce and pepper. Return chicken to the pan. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer 10 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 160 degF and juices run clear. Top with almonds and orange slices.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (487 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Frozen Banana Bites 4.5/5 (272 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)