Tempeh Sausage And Golden Bean Gravy
- 6 precooked Italian Tempeh Sausages (see recipe)
- 1 can baby butter beans - (15 oz) drained, rinsed (or other white bean)
- 3/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup finely-diced onion
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
Using your fingers, crumble the sausage patties into a bowl, and set aside.
In a blender or food processor, combine all of the remaining ingredients, and blend until smooth and creamy.
Transfer the bean mixture to a small saucepan and stir in the crumbled sausage. Place the saucepan over low heat, and stirring often, cook until heated through. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
This recipe yields 3 cups.