Calzones with a light, fresh and flavorful caprese style filling is a nice change to the heavier calzone recipes you normally see. This one is a keeper!
- 1 tube Pillsbury™ refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 Roma tomatoes, halved and sliced
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Your favorite pizza/spaghetti sauce for dipping
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Preheat oven to 425ºF.
Roll out pizza dough onto a non-stick or lightly floured surface and cut it into 4 equal squares. Layer each square with tomatoes, mozzarella and basil. Fold in the 2 long sides of each square, pinching at the seams and the edges to seal the calzones.
Place the calzones seam-side down onto a cookie sheet and bake 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve hot with dipping sauce.