Mashed Potatoes with Bacon & Cheddar
- 5 pound russet potatoes
- 10 slice bacon
- 8 ounce cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chives, minced
- 2 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Peel potatoes, and cut into 1-inch chunks. Place in a large saucepan, and add enough cold water to cover by about 2 inches. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and reduce to a simmer. Cook until tender and easily pierced with a paring knife, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a colander to drain; return to pan, cover, and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon, and cook until crisp and browned, turning once. Transfer to paper towels to drain; let cool, and crumble into pieces.
3. Using a fork, mash the potatoes in pan until light and fluffy. Add the cream cheese, butter, and sour cream, and stir until combined and smooth. Add the chives, 2 cups cheddar cheese, half the bacon, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
Transfer to a buttered 3 quart baking dish. top with remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. bake until top is slightly golden and potatoes are heated through about 30 mins. Remove from oven. garnish with remaining bacon. serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Super Lemon Bundt Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Kielbasa skillet dinner 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Weight-Loss Smoothies: Chocolate... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Asparagus 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Argentinian Beef Kabobs with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Maple Candied Bacon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Penne with Chicken & Broccoli 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Parmesan Baked Potato Halves 0/5 (0 Votes)