Garlic-Studded Pork Roast with Quick Mustard Sauce
4 points per serving
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) boneless center-cut pork loin, trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse-grained Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Spray small heavy roasting pan with nonstick spray.
With small sharp knife, make 3/4-inch-deep slits all over pork; push
1 slice of garlic into each slit. Sprinkle pork with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and the pepper. Place pork in roasting pan. Roast until instant-read thermometer inserted in center of pork registers 145°F for medium, about 1 hour. Transfer pork to cutting board and let stand 10 minutes
Meanwhile, to make sauce, pour off and discard fat from roasting pan. Heat oil in roasting pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add vermouth and bring to boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vermouth is evaporated, about 2 minutes. Stir in flour and cook, stirring, until bubbly, about 1 minute. Whisk in broth, mustard, parsley, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; bring to boil. Cook, whisking constantly, until sauce bubbles and thickens, about 2 minutes.
Cut pork across grain into 12 slices. Serve with sauce.
Healthy Extra Serve the pork with mashed butternut squash mixed with a bit of ground cinnamon and nutmeg.
PER SERVING (2 slices pork and 2 tablespoons sauce): 171 Cal, 7 g Total Fat, 2 g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 66 mg Choi, 413 mg Sod, 3 g Carb, 2 g Sugar, 1 g Fib, 22 g Prot, 30 mg Calc.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Artichokes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon Cakes with Lemon Yogurt... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Tenderloin with Port Wine Pan... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Oven Baked Shrimp Scampi over... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Risotto with Crispy... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Shrimp Pasta in Garlic... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Macaroni &... 0/5 (0 Votes)