Tomato And Asparagus Au Gratin
- 2 pounds asparagus tough ends trimmed
- Olive oil as needed
- 6 Roma tomatoes sliced
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly-chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Place the asparagus spears in a steamer basket and steam for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
Using a little olive oil, lightly oil a large baking dish. Place the steamed asparagus spears in three rows in the prepared baking dish. Place the slices of two Roma tomatoes over each of the rows of asparagus.
Drizzle a little additional olive oil over the top of the tomatoes and asparagus, sprinkle the nutritional yeast flakes, garlic, and Herbes de Provence over the top, and then season to taste with salt and pepper. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until the tomatoes have softened.
This recipe yields 6 servings.