Chicken and cucumber kebabs
Greek style chicken and cucumber kebabs with a feta sauce
- For the kebabs:
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon cut into 8 wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano
- 3 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into 15 inch cubes
- 1 english cucumber, halved lengthwise and cut into 24 pieces
- coarse salt for seasoning
- freshly ground pepper for seasoning
- For the feta sauce:
- 3 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 oz greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Make the kebabs:
Combine oil, zest and juice, garlic, oregano and chicken in a dish, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Make the feta sauce:
Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until very smooth, refrigerate.
Heat grill to medium-high. Thread chicken and cucumbers onto 8 metal skewers, and finish each with a lemon wedge. Season with salt and pepper. Grill for 12to 14 minutes, flipping half way through. Serve with sauce.