Quinoa And Corn Medley
- 6 cups water
- 3 cups quinoa well rinsed
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup diced seeded red pepper
- 1 cup diced seeded orange pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil divided
- 2 cups cut corn
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup black olives sliced
- 1/4 cup freshly-chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
In a saucepan, place the water and bring to a boil. Add the quinoa, cover, reduce the heat to very low, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender. Drain off excess water, transfer to a bowl, and fluff with a fork.
Meanwhile in a non-stick skillet, cook the pumpkin seeds over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until toasted. Transfer the toasted pumpkin seeds to a bowl and set aside.
In the same non-stick skillet, saute the red and orange pepper in 1 tablespoon olive oil, for 3 minutes. Add the corn and garlic, and saute an additional 3 minutes. Add the green onions and saute for 1 minute.
Add the sauteed vegetables, reserved pumpkin seeds, and the remaining ingredients to the quinoa, and toss well to combine. Serve warm.
This recipe yields 10 cups.