Scallops With Spicy Garlic Sauce
- 6 fresh asparagus spears cut diagonally
- into 1 1/2" pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter - (1/2 stick)
- 6 fresh shiitake mushrooms stemmed, caps sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sake
- 1 teaspoon hon-dashi see * Note
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 10 sea scallops
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
* Note: Japanese bonito-type soup stock granules; sold at Asian markets.
Cook asparagus in medium saucepan of boiling salted water 1 minute. Drain.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and garlic; sauté until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes. Add onion; stir 1 minute. Add soy sauce, sake, hon-dashi and cayenne; simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in heavy medium skillet over high heat. Season scallops with salt and pepper. Add scallops to skillet and sauté until almost cooked through, about 3 minutes. Add asparagus and toss until heated through, about 1 minute. Add sauce and simmer 1 minute.
Divide between 2 plates and serve.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (469 Votes)
- Tuscan Garlic Chicken 4.5/5 (438 Votes)
- Pioneer Woman's Garlic Cheese Bread 4.6/5 (321 Votes)
- Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken 4.5/5 (298 Votes)