Tex-Mex Chicken Salad Sandwiches
A Tex-Mex inspired Chicken Salad Sandwich, yum! Serve on toasted ciabatta buns, or serve with crackers for an awesome appetizer!
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded (rotisserie works great)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (I use light)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Taco seasoning, to taste
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1 can diced green chiles, diced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 c. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 3 ciabatta buns, toasted
Combine shredded chicken, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, a little taco seasoning (I would start with 1 teaspoon and add more if needed), diced tomato, green onions, green chiles, cilantro and cheese. Stir together until well combined.
Taste and adjust any ingredients, if needed.
Serve on toasted ciabatta buns, or serve with crackers for an appetizer!