Orecchiette with Roasted Peppers, Arugula, and Tomatoes
From Cooking Light, June 2010
This is SO DELICIOUS!
*I hate black pepper, and so omit
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked orecchiette pasta ("little ears" pasta)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, divided
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons champagne or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried herbes de Provence
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper*
- 3 cups loosely packed arugula
- 1/2 cup (about 2 ounces) shaved fresh Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat broiler
2. Cut bell peppers in half length0wise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 15 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel and cut into 1-inch strips.
3. Cook the pasta according to the package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
4. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add 1/4 teaspoon garlic; cook 30 seconds. Add bell peppers and tomatoes to pan; cook 4 minutes or until tomatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
5. Combine remaining 3/4 teaspoon garlic, vinegar, and next 5 ingredients (through black pepper) in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Add pasta and oil mixture to bell pepper mixture in pan; toss well to coat. Cool slightly. Stir in arugula. Top each serving with cheese.