Roast Rack Of Lamb With Orange-Chipotle Puree
- 2 medium red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon minced canned chipotle chili see * Note
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 lamb racks - (abt 1 lb ea)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
* Note: Chipotle chilies canned in a spicy tomato sauce, sometimes called adobo, are available at Latin American markets, specialty foods stores and some supermarkets.
Char red bell peppers over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides. Enclose peppers in paper bag. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel and seed peppers; chop coarsely. Combine peppers and next 6 ingredients in blender and puree.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Sprinkle lamb with salt and pepper. Place in roasting pan. Roast to desired doneness, about 25 minutes for medium-rare. Cook orange-chipotle puree in medium saucepan over medium heat until heated through, stirring occasionally. Cut lamb into double chops. Serve with sauce.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (170 Votes)
- LINGUIÇA DE LOMBO FLAMBADA NA... 4.5/5 (47 Votes)
- Rack of Lamb with Mint and Capers 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Bulgur Risotto With Peas And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Kiwi-Cream Cheese Tart 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken With Apple-Brandy Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- French Veal 0/5 (0 Votes)
- London Broil Turkey 0/5 (0 Votes)