Open-Face Gruyere-Vegetable Melts
6 points per serving
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 thin slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 2 tomatoes, sliced 12 large basil leaves
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1 cup lightly packed baby arugula
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, zucchini, bell pepper, garlic, oregano, salt, and black pepper; cook, stirring, until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
Arrange slices of toast on rack of broiler pan. Top each slice with one-fourth each of tomatoes and basil. Top each with one-fourth of vegetable mixture and sprinkle evenly with Gruyere. Broil until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Top evenly with arugula.
PER SERVING (1 open-face sandwich): 241 Cal, 11 g Total Fat, 6 g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 30 mg Choi, 386 mg Sod, 23 g Carb, 9 g Sugar, 5 g Fib, 14 g Prot, 351 mg Calc.