- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large English cucumber
- 1 medium beet (preferably a golden beet, peeled
- 1 large carrot, peeled
- 1 medium jicama, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped Spicy Almonds (see note below)
- sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
- 1 lime
Adapted from againstallgrain.com
Combine all of the dressing ingredients except the olive oil in a small blender or food processor and blend until smooth. With the machine running on low, slowly drizzle the olive oil into the blender and blend until thick and smooth. Place the dressing in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Using a spiral vegetable slicer, or spiralizer, slice the cucumber into vegetable noodles and discard the seeds. Alternatively, use a julienne slicer to make long strips. Place the noodles in a large bowl and continue with the remaining vegetables.
Top the salad with chicken, chopped almonds, and salt and pepper. Drizzle half of the dressing overtop and toss to coat. Divide between 4 bowls and serve with fresh basil and a lime wedge.
Cook’s note: Follow this recipe to make the Spicy Almonds, or use your favorite store-bought brand (plain almonds would work well too).