Strawberry Smoothie Ice-Cream Pie
Fresh strawberries team up with blueberries and bananas for a triple-layered ice cream treat. The big surprise? Crushed waffle cones in the crust.
- 1 (7 ounce) package waffle cones, broken into pieces
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 (1 quart) containers premium vanilla ice cream, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) container fresh strawberries (1 quart), stemmed
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 2 ripe bananas
- Garnishes: waffle cone pieces, fresh whole strawberries, fresh blueberries
Adapted from southernliving.com
Process first 3 ingredients in a food processor until finely crushed. Firmly press mixture onto bottom of a lightly greased 10-inch springform pan.
Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
Let vanilla ice cream stand at room temperature 20 minutes or until slightly softened.
Process strawberries and 2 tablespoons powdered sugar in a food processor until puréed, stopping to scrape down sides; remove strawberry mixture and set aside.
Process blueberries and 1 tablespoon powdered sugar in food processor until puréed, stopping to scrape down sides; set aside.
Mash bananas with a fork in a large bowl; stir in remaining 1 tablespoon powdered sugar. Set aside.
Place 1 quart ice cream in a large bowl; cut into large (3-inch) pieces. Fold strawberry mixture into ice cream until blended. Place in freezer until slightly firm.
Divide remaining quart of ice cream in half, placing halves in separate bowls. Stir blueberry mixture into half and mashed banana mixture into remaining half. Place bowls in freezer.
Spread half of strawberry mixture evenly into prepared crust in springform pan. Place pan and remaining strawberry mixture in freezer. Freeze 30 minutes or until strawberry layer in pan is slightly firm. Spread banana mixture evenly over strawberry layer in pan; return pan to freezer, and freeze 30 minutes or until banana layer is slightly firm. Repeat procedure with blueberry mixture. Spread remaining strawberry mixture over blueberry layer in pan, and freeze 3 hours or until all layers are firm. Let pie stand at room temperature 15 minutes before serving. Garnish, if desired.
You'll also love
- Ham: Baked Ham with Spiced Cherry... 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Creamy Fruit Salad 4.6/5 (40 Votes)
- Partridge Breast with Shiitake... 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Banana Bread 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Blackberry Cream Cheese Sweet Rolls 4.6/5 (40 Votes)
- Cranberry-Almond Shortbread Tart 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- Tuna Casserole, Toast, Butter and... 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Nutter Butter Banana Cookie Balls 5/5 (4 Votes)