- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup carob powder [may sub cocoa powder]
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 Tablespoons applesauce
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain or vanilla non-dairy-milk (such as soymilk, ricemilk, oatmilk, etc. – I use oatmilk)
- 1/4 cup carob chips
- 1/4 graham crackers, broken into small pieces
- 1/4 cup marshmallows, chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl, combine flour, powdered sugar, carob powder and baking soda, and mix well.
In a separate bowl, combine applesauce, vanilla, nondairy-milk, carob chips, graham cracker pieces and marshmallows, mixing well.
Combine wet and dry ingredients; do not overmix.
Bake for 15-18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of muffins comes out clean.
Makes 10-12 muffins.