Real Taco Pie
Taco pie uses instant or mashed potatoes for the crust
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 2 1/2 cups mashed potato flakes (you could also use left over mashed potatoes and omit the butter and milk)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sour cream, optional
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from bsrecipe.blogspot.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a medium sauce pan, melt butter. Add milk and 2 tablespoon taco seasoning. Remove from heat and add potato flakes until incorporated. Press mixture into the bottom of a 10-inch pan.
Bake for 7-10 minutes until it just BARELY turns golden brown.
In a medium skillet, cook beef and onions until beef is browned and cooked through. Drain. Add Salsa and remaining taco seasoning. Cook until bubbly.
Pour into crust. Bake for 15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
Let cool for 5 minutes. Top with cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes. Cut and serve with sour cream.
You'll also love
- Caramelized Onion, Mushroom, Apple... 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Salted Cantaloupe Jam 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Kielbasa Fried Rice 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Crock Pot Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Deep Fried Chicken 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- White Trash Sliders 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Easy Oven Baked Spicy Chicken Tacos 4/5 (24 Votes)