Phyllo-Wrapped Salmon With Leeks And Red Bell Pepper
- 8 tablespoons butter - (1 stick)
- 4 cups matchstick-size strips red bell peppers- (abt 2 lge)
- 2 cups matchstick-size strips of leek, white and pale green parts only - (abt 1 lge)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 sheets fresh phyllo pastry (or frozen phyllo, thawed)
- 6 skinless salmon fillets, 6" x 2" x 1" (5 oz ea)
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and leek and sauté until leek is tender, about 6 minutes. Add wine and crushed red pepper to skillet. Simmer until liquid evaporates, about 4 minutes. Remove skillet from heat. Cool vegetable mixture. Stir in basil and salt.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Melt remaining 6 tablespoons butter in small saucepan. Place 1 pastry sheet on work surface (keep remaining phyllo sheets covered). Brush with some of melted butter. Top with second pastry sheet; brush with melted butter.
Place 1 salmon fillet crosswise on pastry sheet, 5 inches in from 1 short end. Top salmon fillet with 1/4 cup of vegetable mixture. Fold 5-inch section of pastry over salmon. Fold in sides. Roll up, forming rectangular packet.
Transfer to heavy large baking sheet, vegetable-side up. Brush packet all over with melted butter. Repeat with remaining pastry sheets, melted butter, salmon fillets and vegetables. (Can be prepared 6 hours ahead. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.)
Bake salmon until pastry is pale golden and salmon is cooked through, about 35 minutes.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Smoked Salmon 4.5/5 (90 Votes)
- Baked Salmon with Tomatoes,... 4.5/5 (72 Votes)
- Potato & Leek Soup 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Bulgur Risotto With Peas And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Kiwi-Cream Cheese Tart 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Maple Seared Scallops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beach House Seafood Strata 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Leeks, Sweet Peppers And... 0/5 (0 Votes)