BANANA-CHOCOLATE PHYLLO BUNDLES
PAMPERED CHEF RECIPE
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate morsel, grated
- 3/4 cup chocolate fudge topping
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds, coarsley chopped
- 5 bananas , SMALL ONES, slices into about 1/4-inch slices, and keeping each banana separate
- 20 sheets frozen phyllo dough (half of 16 oz package)
1 Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2 Combine grated chocolate and ice cream toppping.
3 place one sheet of phyllo on large work surface and spray with nonstick spray.
4 Place second sheet on top and press together to seal.
5 Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the chocolate mixture evenly over one narrow edge of phylorr using the back of the spoon.
6 Arrange about 1/2 of one banana evenly over chocolate mixture.
7 Fold the bottom edge of the phyllo over the sliced bananas, then fold the sides of the phyllo inward towards the center. Gently roll phyllo strip up from bottom to top.
8 Repeat until all phyllo and remaining ingredients are gone.
9 Place the bundles, with seams down, on baking tray. Spray with non stick spray and almonds.
10 Bake until edges are gold brown, about 10-20 minutes.
11 Serve warm, with a teaspoon of whipped topping, additional ice cream topping and powdered sugar, if desired